Skip to content
Registration: Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Where and when do I register?
- A. Sign up dates are March 25th, May 6th and June 3rd at el Rancho middle school from 9-1 pm.
- Q. What are the 2017 registration fee’s?
- A. Football fees have been lowered to $325 — Cheer registration fee is $285
- Q. What do my registration fee’s include?
- A. Football registration includes: Use of protective equipment – helmet (new Riddell helmets last season), pads, game pants. Home/away jerseys to keep, trophy, pictures, insurance fees, referee fees, National/Regional fees, use of facilities fees.
Cheer registration includes: Practice uniforms, cheer camp, trophy, pictures, insurance fees, referee fees, National/Regional fees, use of facilities fees. Cheer uniforms are purchased directly from the vendor and are at parent cost and yours to keep.
*Both divisions will have a $50 fundraiser and each team has team fees for additional expenses such as gear bags, team parties, etc.
- Q. Are there payment plans available?
- A. No sorry, this year 100% payment is required at time of registration.
- Q. Will there be a cut-off date to turn my required paperwork in (i.e. birth certificate, report card, signed contracts)?
- A. Yes, we will have a cut-off date sometime in the future. More information to come on date and location.
- Q. When does the season start?
- A. The season begins August 1st. You will hear from your coach or team coordinator before then and may even have a team meeting before the start of the season.
- Q. How many days a week is practice?
- A. During August practice is a little more frequent, as the kids are conditioning. They are required to have a certain numbers of hours in (Pop Warner Requirement) before the players can put pads on or cheerleaders can stunt. They may practice 4 days per week during the first few weeks of August. After the first few weeks, practice schedules are typically 3 days per week with a game on Saturday.
- Q. Where are the games held?
- A. Canyon Hills Pop Warner’s home field is Peralta Park in Anaheim Hills. We do play some away games and locations vary (ex. La Habra, Fullerton, Anaheim, Yorba Linda, Santa Ana). You can find the cities in our conference at www.popwarneroec.com
- Q. What division can my child play/cheer?
- A. Pop Warner’s preference is to place a child at the lowest division. Division are based on age and weight of the players in order to match them as evenly as possible. Please see the age/weight matrix in our forms section.
- Q. How long is the cheer season?
- A. The cheer season varies based on division. If, your child is a Tiny Might or Mitey Might the season typically ends around November 1st, following the one local competition the younger ones participate in. If your child is an any of the other cheer divisions, the season runs longer because they participate in more competitions. Depending on how the teams place in the competitions determines how long the season runs. It can run into January/February.
- Q. How long is the football season?
- A. The football season usually runs through the end of October. Football is guaranteed to play a minimum of ten games. Your team will advance depending on the division that they are playing at the achieved record at the end of the season.